Sunday, February 27, 2011

Silk Shirt Metaphor - Part 2

As you can see, I like choices. This is a photo of a few of my artworks. A few! Really.

Let me go back to that statement: “Writing well is like a closetful of silk shirts.” I want something lovely that’s not super-fancy. Something I can put on and take off again. I need to be able to change my mind; that’s the kind of person I am.

I want to be able to like one sort of writing one day, and have an entirely different opinion about what I want to dress myself in the next.

Today, for example, I’m wondering which silk shirt should I wear, Stick with me as I empty out the writing closet. I’m going to hold each thought up and feel it -, by which I mean, I’m going to write about good writing. And at the same time, I’m going to be continually trying to figure it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment