Saturday, February 26, 2011

Audio Saucepan: The Gathering Episode

Thornton Dial's artwork - There's nothing like seing it in person. The sloppiness, the color, the rough edges... 

“Audio Saucepan: The Gathering Episode” airs tomorrow night on KSFR. Every week I give my shows episode titles. Some day we should talk about titles, but I’ll leave that topic for now. I’ve written a lot of titles over the years, and I’ve rewritten a number of them.

Tomorrow’s show includes the poem “Boston Year” by Elizabeth Alexander (from The 100 Best African-American Poems; published by Sourcebooks); an excerpt from the short story “Loot” by Nadine Gordimer (from her book Life Times; published by Farrar, Straus and Giroux) and an a quote from the artist Thornton Dial (from Hard Truths: The Art of Thornton Dial; Prestel). 

No comments:

Post a Comment