Saturday, February 26, 2011

Poetry and Public Radio

Every week I host and produce a radio show on KSFR, Santa Fe Public Radio. For six years, I put together a three-hour jazz show and, each week, I’d toss a poem into the mix, even though it didn't exactly belong.

Last summer, I switched to a 1-hour show and an entirely new format. Instead of playing one jazz track after another – classic, contemporary and everything in between, I began wanting to take my listeners on a journey into more poems, philosophical fragments and literary excerpts. I broadened the musical selections, too. You’ll still get a dose of jazz, but now you’ll hear  it intermixed with music from across the globe.

The show is called “Audio Saucepan” and it streams live at ksfr.org (5-6 PM Mountain Time). Tune in sometime. You might not like it all, but you won’t be bored, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment